American on-line streaming big Netflix is getting ready to launch a documentary, which focuses on the loss of life of Gerald Cotten, founder and CEO of the now-defunct Canadian cryptocurrency change, QuadrigaCX.
- Netflix made the announcement via Twitter on Thursday (September 23, 2021), with the documentary titled “Trust no One: The Hunt for the Crypto King.”
- According to the synopsis, a bunch of QuadrigaCX traders who’ve turn into investigators will search to uncover the suspicious loss of life of Cotten and in addition the 250 CAD million belonging to traders that was allegedly stolen by the CEO.
THE PUPPER MASTER: HUNTING THE ULTIMATE CONMAN
This three-part sequence coming in January tells the insane story of an audacious conman who was convicted in 2005. Then, in a stunning twist, the story reaches into the current day as a household immediately fears for his or her mother’s security. pic.twitter.com/OLY179J1W4
— Netflix (@netflix) September 23, 2021
- The Netflix documentary is certainly primarily based on the true occasions of a Canadian cryptocurrency change that collapsed in 2019. Before the corporate’s demise, it was one of many largest Bitcoin exchanges in Canada.
- However, issues grew to become dangerous for the corporate when its founder and CEO, Gerald Cotten, died in Jaipur, India, from Crohn’s illness at age 30. What made occasions attention-grabbing was the truth that solely Cotten had entry to the change’s chilly storage pockets, which means that prospects couldn’t get their funds again.
- A court docket submitting on the time showed that QuadrigaCX owed customers round 250 million CAD ($197.5 million). Lawyers representing the corporate’s victims even requested to have the physique of the QuadrigaCX CEO exhumed to verify Cotten’s id and the reason for loss of life.
- In June 2020, greater than a 12 months after the change collapsed, Canada’s securities regulator, the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC), published a report on its investigations into QuadrigaCX. According to the OSC, the corporate fell not due to Cotten’s loss of life however because of the fraudulent actions by the CEO whereas he was alive.
- Although Netflix didn’t point out the precise date when it’s going to launch the documentary, the net streaming big mentioned the present will premier in 2022.
(This story has not been edited by CryptoNFT | Latest News Live and is revealed from a syndicated feed.)
#Netflix #Set #Premier #Documentary #QuadrigaCX #CEO